Instead of deletion, support undo in Horde applications. This might take the form of a Horde-wide (per-user of course) "trash folder", or some other form of undeletion or revision history.
One suggested approach is to embed this into a larger task to implement journaling in Horde. This would look include these tasks:
- Horde_Journal library with SQL and potentially MongoDB backends (5 hours)
- Journaling for apps (10 hours): Use Horde_Journaling in Kronolith, Nag, Turba, Mnemo to track additions, changes, deletions.
- Collection (calendars, address books, etc) history (10 hours): Application support (backend and UI) to retrieve and display journal summaries for a groupware collection. Maybe on-demand for dynamic frontends?
- Object history (10 hours): Application support (backend and UI) to retrieve and display complete journal for a groupware object. Maybe on-demand for dynamic frontends?
- Undo (25 hours): Implement undo functionality based on the journaling features for end users.
Time estimations are probably too optimistic, especially for the base journaling functionality.
Back to the Project List