Split Git Repo into individual components.
Steps for the split
- X Make dev.horde.org read-only
- X Notify mailing lists
- X Split git repo with framework/bin/horde-git-split-all
- X Set up email updates for new repo
- X Add files to new repo
- X Create FRAMEWORK_5_2 branch in libraries
- X Update website
- Use more standard directory layout
- X phpunit.xml and other dev tool configurations in base directory.
- X README -> README.rst and COPYING -> LICENSE, and move to base directory.
- PSR-4 layout
- Fix API doc generation
- Generate documentation for each repo
- Add package-specific entries to bugs.horde.org
- Go through all PRs and refer to new repos
- Archive horde repo
- X Prepare website with new instructions
- X Create script to automatically build list of apps/libs (for use by install script)
- O Create single installation script
- X This script can create/clone the git repos as needed.
- X All repos will be stored in a base folder
- X Option to create a separate, web-accessible directory.
- O Includes stuff in framework/bin (See Doc/Dev/Scripts)
- O horde-generate-module -> move to skeleton/bin/skeleton-generate-module
- X horde-rev-cmp (obsolete)
- O horde-run-cmd
- X install_dev
- O install_framework (obsolete?)
- O pear_batch_install
- O test_framework
- O Includes stuff in horde-support/maintenance-tools (See Doc/Dev/Scripts)
- X horde-build-snaps (obsolete)
- O horde-build-website-docs.sh
- O horde-ckeditor
- O horde-installer-phar-create
- X horde-js-compress (obsolete)
- X horde-patch-config.sh (obsolete)
- O horde-update-ISO3166-countries
- O Includes the groupware install code (in fact, the Horde_Core_Bundle code is probably a good place to start in terms of creating the install script).
- O Use Horde_Pear libs to query for list of packages to install
- O This script can be packaged via PHAR
- O Create autoloader driver for use with script-facilitated development install
- O Create Vagrant image to allow for testing/development
Open Questions (Votes)
- Prefix split repositories with "horde-"?
- What to do with the "horde" base repository. Delete current "horde" repository and replace it with the current "horde" application, or find a new repository name for the current "horde" application and keep or empty the current "horde" repository.
- Jan: leaning to the former
- Mike: leaning to the later (Wouldn't deleting the contents of the current repository mess anyone who has it checked out?)
- Outcome: use "base" as a name.
Back to the Project List