Add a new event
- Using either the sidebar or the top icon button, click Calendar
- There are two places where one can click to create a new event.
- First is the New Event button on the top of the browser window
- Second is the small + sign located on the desired event date
- Choose a title for the event
- Verify the Start and End dates are correct
- Click Save Event
Adding a reminder / alarm to Events
Follow the instructions above, but select Alarm and set a time interval before saving your event. NOTE: You can set an alarm for an event after you adding it.
Schedule a meeting
- Follow the instructions above, but under the Attendees (optional) section click the Edit Attendees button.
- Optionally, you can choose to send your attendees an email by checking the box labeled Send updates/invitations to all attendees when saving this event
- In the Add Attendees textbox you can enter usernames or email addresses, or you can click Address Book for a pop-up window to select contacts from your address book.
- NOTE: These contacts must exist in your addressbook for the Expand Names feature to work
- NOTE: To view other users' Free/Busy times, the contact must exist in your address book and the Free/Busy URL must exist
- When you are finished choosing your contacts, click Add Attendees. The window will close and you should see the contacts appear in the Edit Attendees window.
- When you are done adding attendees, click Save and Finish. The window should close and return you to the Add a new event window.
- Set other options such as reoccurring events and keywords if necessary.
- Click Save Event
Accepting an invitation to a meeting
You may receive an email requesting a meeting. If you are using IMP, you will see an Actions heading. In the dropdown menu you are able to do the following:
- Accept and add to my calendar will email the sender that you have accepted the meeting and add the event to your calendar
- Add to my calendar will add the event to your calendar
- Accept Request will email the sender that you accepted the request
- Tentatively Accept request will email the sender that you tentatively accepted the request
- Deny request (I dont know. Please test and revise here)
If you do not use IMP, your email will contain three links:
- Accept the event will email the sender that you accept
- NOTE: This will not add the event to your calendar.
- To accept the event tentatively will email the sender that you tentatively accept
- Decline the event will email the sender that you decline
Viewing another users calendar
To view another users calendar, you must click the My Calendars button and the choose the users you wish to view under Shared Calendars. When done, click the Calendar button on to to view all calendars in one view.
To update an event, click the Pencil icon which appears next to the event.
- NOTE: You may not be able to edit some events if you have read-only access to a shared calendar.
If the Pencil icon does not appear next to an event, click the Event title. This will bring to you a summary page. From there you can click an Edit link to update the event.
To delete and event, click the red X icon which appears next to the event. If the red X icon does not appear next to an event, click the Event title. This will bring to you a summary page. From there you can click an Delete link to update the event.