Configuring Horde 4 for Twitter integration
Horde's Twitter integration requires some setup on Twitter in order to get it to working. A Twitter application must be created for each Horde installation. The following are the steps that are required in order to get this working.
- Create the application. This is done at https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new
- Enter the Name and Description you wish to give your application. This is displayed to users when they are asked to allow Horde to interact with the application. Also, you should enter your main site url in the Application Website field.
- Choose Browser for Application Type
- The Callback URL field should be set to the services/twitter page. For example: https://www.example.com/horde/services/twitter
- You should allow Read and Write access so Horde can read the Twitter stream and allow users to send tweets.
- After the application is created, take note of the Consumer Key and the Consumer Secret values. You will need to enter these in Horde's API Keys configuration section.
- Once those values are entered into Horde's configuration, users will be able to validate the application via Horde's Twitter Integration preference page.